Helegwen has a unique stance system that allows her to change between different arrows, each with a different effect.
- Ice Arrows - Can damage even walls and castle expansions and reduces the production and damage of targeted buildings by 50% for 5 seconds. Enemy units suffer 25% less damage. Enemies won't be attacked automatically.
- Steel Arrows - No special effects, enemies will be attacked automatically at a medium range.
- Freezing Arrows - Slows down enemies by 40% for 5 seconds. They suffer 25% less damage. Enemies in vision range will be automatically attacked.
Rank 3: Hail of Frost Arrows - Helegwen calls down a hail of Frost Arrows. Enemy units and monsters in the area are frozen, while heroes are slowed by 50%. Buildings are disabled entirely for 30 seconds.
Rank 10: Gift of Winter - Helegwen's Freezing Arrows now slow the enemy 50% more, and her Ice Arrows' effect on buildings lasts three times as long (15 seconds). This also affects her Multishot. Furthermore, the damage bonus granted by the Frost Arrows for archers of Carn Dûm and Frost Ammunition for catapults is permanently doubled. (Passive ability)
Helegwen can receive the following upgrade:
This upgrade can be applied to her through Witch-King's ability Might of the Witch-King.
Helegwen is a unique archer hero in the sense that she sacrifices damage for negative effects as demonstrated by her stance system. Her Steel Arrows are useful for when the player is leaving her at the back of the army to do damage, while the other arrows have a specific purpose. The Ice Arrows are best to deal with buildings while the Freezing Arrows can be used to slow down retreating heroes or strong units so the rest of your army can finish them off. Although the Multishot can be useful against multiple targets, if an enemy hero is alone, the ability can be used with Steel Arrows to do massive damage to that hero. Frost Rain can be used to disrupt an entire army or base, allowing the rest of your army to do as much damage as possible. If Helegwen is in danger, the Ice Barrier can be used to slow down enemy forces. This can be followed with Whispers of the Northwind to ensure she escapes. This ability can also allow her to be a useful scout. In the mid-late game, her Gift of Winter will improve her effectiveness while also making the Carn Dûm Bowmen even stronger than they are normally.
|This section has no content. You can help the Edain Mod Wiki by adding information to it.|
- Her voice files come from the character Ravenna, from the film "Snow-White and the Huntsman".
- Helegwen was entirely created by the Edain Community. They created a backstory, design and set of unique abilities. The Edain Team was so impressed by this that they decided to make the hero part of the faction.