Orc Overseers from Mordor provide support to Orcs, whether from Barad-Dûr, Minas Morgul, Dol Guldur or Cirith Ungol. They provide various leaderships along with an ability which improves the power of the type advantage. They do have a single target damage with their whips. To pair a battalion with an overseer simply select either the overseer or the battalion and click on the battalion or on the overseer. Once paired you will be able to click on them as a single entity and the battalion will gain an icon for the leadership and the equivalent Crack the Whip ability. In addition, they put the units in formation strengthening their strategical powers. When they are recruited they increase the command point limit.
Leadership and "Crack the Whip" Edit
- Minas Morgul Orcs: +50% damage and +25% armor
- Barad-Dur (standard) Orcs: +50% damage and +50% armor
- Dol Guldur Orcs: +25% damage and +50% armor
- Halberdiers of Cirith Ungol: +50% damage and +25% armor
- Swordsmen: For 30 seconds deal twice the damage against melee units but lose 25% armor
- Pikemen: For 30 seconds deal double damage to cavalry and slow them down twice as much but lose 25% armor
- Archers: For 30 seconds deal double damage against archers but lose 25% armor
Overseers Strategy Edit
Do not under any circumstances send an Orc Overseer into battle on its own, it will be a waste of 300 resources. The overseer can be paired with any orc to give it a significant boost. This will render them more resistant, and they can therefore be better utilized. However, using them with free standard Orc can be a limiting factor as they are rather basic and this would take away from their free element. Using Sauron's Influence of Sauron ability on the Slave Camp will give a bonus to all battalions paired with Orc Overseers, further improving their combat capabilities.